FLASH SALE SUBMISSIONS
• All entries must be postmarked by January 24, 2020. Entries received after this date cannot be considered.
• All projects must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
• Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their film/project/screenplay. If there is ANY DISPUTE whatsoever, said film/project/screenplay will be disqualified.
• Once submitted and potentially accepted, all projects (prior to Festival screening and during its run) must not be available for sale, or available to watch in its entirety on You Tube, Vimeo, or any other website, free or otherwise.
• No project will be accepted until our hard-copy contract is signed by the project's producer(s).
• Entrant(s) confirm(s) and warrant(s) required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
• All decisions made by judges, programmers and organizers will be final, and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted.
• The Pasadena International Film Festival (PIFF) reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is disqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker(s) (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
By submitting to the Pasadena International Film Festival (PIFF), you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1. You must execute a release agreement wherein you (I) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at PIFF; (II) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at PIFF; (III) indemnify and hold harmless PIFF, Marco Neves, Jessica Hardin, all PIFF sponsors, including but not limited to the City of Pasadena and any/all city departments, as well as PIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, and representatives against any claim, including attorney's fees, arising out of exhibition, or non-exhibition of your film at PIFF, and (IV) you warrant the submission of your original work and warrant that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission in question.
2. You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival (I) one exhibition copy of the invited work; (II) a second exhibition copy, if your film is in competition (to accommodate juror screenings); and (III) additional exhibition copies, if requested by the Festival (to allow for multiple screenings at more than one venue). We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
3. All exhibition copies must be delivered in DCP or Blu-ray format. The Festival will ship and pay for the return of DCP/Blu-ray exhibition copies to one location after the conclusion of PIFF.
4. PIFF cannot be held liable or responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement.
5. PIFF reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, or for no reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional and convenient environment for all of our customers.
By submitting: You agree to indemnify, hold harmless from and defend PIFF, Marco Neves, Jessica Hardin, PIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against all claims, demand losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film or project submitted to the Pasadena International Film Festival, or rejected/removed/disqualified by the Pasadena International Film Festival.
SUBMIT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE! This not only allows more time for consideration, but you will not run the risk of missing the deadline.
Works in progress will NOT be considered.
LANGUAGE: All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles.
DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by January 24, 2020. Late submissions will NOT be considered.
Submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.